1. WHY USE FREEZE DRIED PETALS AND WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT THEM?
For a start, freeze dried petals are the most beautiful petals you could choose for special occasions like weddings. Petals are sorted by hand so that every petal you receive is useable.
Petal colours can be processed in advance so that the specific petal colour is available when it is required, no matter the season. Nothing is left to chance so that your wedding day is exactly how you dreamt it would be.
They also do not stain, wilt or rot and are 100% biodegradable and eco-friendly so you can use them on game reserves, beaches and at venues that won’t allow fresh or artificially coloured petals.
2. HOW DO I USE FREEZE DRIED PETALS
You would use freeze dried petals just as you would use fresh petals, however you will need to soften them prior to using them. See our page on "Storing and using freeze dried petals".
Freeze dried petals are regularly used for:
• Tossing confetti at weddings
• Scattered on tables for decoration at any celebration, eg weddings, anniversaries, St Valentines.
• Scattered along pathways, aisles, and dance floors
• Flower girl baskets
• Floating in baths, fountains, swimming pools and Jacuzzis
• Arranged on beds and in bridal suites
• Decorating cakes
• Pot Pourri
• Including in love notes or invitations
• Including in gift boxes including corporate gifts
• Shop displays on St. Valentine’s day
• Product launches
And don’t forget that as freeze dried petals are much lighter than fresh petals, they have a floating effect for that perfect photograph.
3. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TABLE, CONFETTI AND AISLE PETALS?
The difference is the quality; the colour and processing is exactly the same for all types.
TABLE PETALS are our premium petals. They have been hand selected and are perfect. These are typically used where close-up use is made, eg. at a wedding table or bridal suite or for cakes.
CONFETTI PETALS are of very good quality but not perfect. They may have a curl or crack or a natural vein however they are absolutely fine for handling by guests and for general decoration. These are typically used for tossing confetti and flower girl baskets and sometimes for scattering along aisles where a better quality of petals is required.
AISLE PETALS are only used for scattering along aisles and for dancing on. They are petals from the outer and inner parts of the flowers. We do not recommend you use them for tossing confetti.
4. WHY DO YOU SELL PETALS BY THE CUP?
We sell petals by the cup because, when freeze dried, the petals weigh very little indeed. By using a volumetric unit of measure, quantities are better envisioned. A cup is a standard 250ml unit or about the quantity you would have if you cupped both hands together.
5. HOW MUCH SHOULD I BUY AND WHAT IS YOUR MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY?
Our minimum order quantity is 8 cups for petals and 6 heads for flowers however minimum order quantities are shown on each of the product pages.
Here is a guideline for how much to order:
• For tossing confetti – cones, handfuls or bags – half a cup per person.
(Tip: Not all guests will toss confetti. Consider reducing the guest count by 20%....the guests that want to toss confetti will get to do it and you wont be left with excess!)
• For table decorations – 3-4 cups per table seating 8-10 guests.
(Tip: In this case "less is more". Most wedding tables will have flower arrangements etc so they don't need to be over-adorned in petals and the petals will just get in the way rather than be decorative!)
• For scattering along aisles and pathways:
3 cups per square meter for a light scattering;
5 cups per square meter for a moderate coverage;
8 cups per square meter for a heavy coverage;
3 cups per linear meter for lining the aisle on either side or for making a twirly design across the aisle.
• 4 cups for a flower girl’s basket;
• 8 cups for a double bed, floor and bath in a bridal suite
6. WHEN SHOULD I PLACE AN ORDER FOR PETALS
Orders can be placed up to a year in advance of the event with a 30% deposit. Alternatively you should purchase your petals about 6 weeks prior to the event from the selection of petals and colours on our shopping site or by special arrangement.
7. HOW WILL MY ORDER BE SENT AND WHEN WILL MY ORDER ARRIVE?
Orders are sent by courier and take up to 3 working days to be delivered to your delivery address anywhere in South Africa. Orders delivered outside of South Africa may take longer but we will liaise directly with you.
8. HOW DO I STORE THE PETALS?
Please refer to our “Storing and Using Freeze Dried Petals" page for full information.
9. CAN I RETURN OR EXCHANGE THE PETALS IF I DON’T LIKE THEM?
Absolutely, providing the plastic packaging is intact and the petals are in prime condition.
Petals can be returned up to 2 weeks from the date they were sent. A refund will be made directly to your bank account by EFT on receipt and inspection of the petals. Alternatively we can exchange the petals for the same quantity or cost in a different colour.
Any delivery costs will not be refunded.
If any of your questions have not been answered, please call us on +27 (0)768 727734.
We are always happy to be of assistance!